Sunday, November 1, 2009

"Division by Zero"

Timed Free Writing

We have this in class writing exercise where we are timed to write anything that we can think of on 'division' and 'zero'. Here's the poem that I have written from this exercise.

Zero is a special number.
I know that it will be cold if it's at zero degree.
I know that my phone bill will be up if I have zero minutes left in my cellphone plan.
I know that my bank account will be sad at the end of each month as I need to pay my bills so that I have a zero balance.
I know that there is zero gravity in space but I wish I can experience what is that like.

Zero doesn't seem to be such a bad number.
But I want to know who has invented zero?
Do you have the problem about diving a zero?
If you have a zero, how do you divide nothing?
Don't you agree with me then that it is bad have zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment